Ransomware Malicious Software
Protect your computers from the ‘THIEF ’of the Virtual World.
Ransomware malicious software has become an albatross around the neck for different companies worldwide. It restricts the victim to access his computer until the demand of ransom is paid.This type of malware alerts the victim by a display on-screen, to extort money. The victims file is encrypted and locked by the user to access. To unlock the data of the victim the user’s demand of ransom needs to be met. The ransom is sometimes a virtual currency such as Bitcoin.
The virtual hacker uses tool which can promptly determine an employee’s easy access to open an attachment, invoices or other business documents related to office use.
This catastrophic situation affecting an individual, department or entire organization can be curbed by not accessing the below articles.
- Phishing emails
- Unpatched Programs
- Compromised Programs
- Poisoned online advertising
- Free software download
“This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin, color, or religious bias” Hacker,1995.
Know when Infected?
- Acess to open normal files indicating an error
- Alarming message in the background of your desktop demanding ransom to unlock
- Program warning a countdown to make swift payment to decrypt your files
- Unable to close the window which is opened with a ransomware program
Always remember secure your data following below
- Back up your data sources
- Avoid keeping important data on your local device
- Keep your OS and vulnerable software up-to-date
- Do not access email from unknown senders.
- Use a reputable security suite